|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Pay Details||£600 - £650 per day|
Our client is a dynamic, multi-faceted technology business and, due to continued growth, an Interim is required to assist with the transformation of the Business Intelligence function. This role is both strategic and technical in nature and will become a focal point within the organisation. This role will lead the Business Intelligence (BI) Insight & Analysis team in the design and delivery of commercially astute analysis projects that support the CEO and senior executive team in making the right strategic and operational decisions. In addition to this it will shape and drive a BI Analytics strategy and roadmap across the business to support current and planned initiatives, as well as responding to key commercial challenges, based on establishing the right data, tools and analytics spend.
Principle Responsibilities Include:
– Leadership of the BI Analysis team; setting vision and direction, motivating the team and establishing the right standards and principles for delivery and engagement.
– Lead the development and implementation of a BI analysis strategy and roadmap.
– Delivery of well-designed, thorough, innovative and commercially focussed analysis projects to support key strategic decision-making.
– Implement best in class data analytics practises, clear presentation of findings, and establish a core set of analysis tools to ensure efficient spend.
– Work closely with the Head of BI: CEO Reporting, and maintain a thorough understanding of current performance trends across the business in order to ensure relevant insights are delivered to the CEO and senior executives in a timely fashion to address the most important topical issues.
– Take ownership of the prototype Weekly Financials model, developing the utility and breadth of this new capability. Establish clear storytelling around the links between operational performance and financial P&L impact and evolve the model to support customer base management activity, in particular developing views of Customer Lifetime Value for acquisition and retention.
– Work closely with the BI Data Manager to ensure development of appropriate data platforms and solutions are delivered to support the Analysis team delivery roadmap.
– Establish robust checking and validation processes for all analytical outputs, and a zero tolerance approach to errors.
– Effective management of stakeholder relationships across the Customer, Consumer, Finance and Technology divisions of the organisation to achieve BI objectives.
– Build a high-performing team culture within the Analysis team focussed on pace and quality of project delivery, recruiting top talent into open vacancies, and developing current team members.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
Proven experience running an industry leading analysis team in a large organisation
Expert at setting and driving medium to long term analytics strategy, and selling this in to key stakeholders across an organisation
Expert understanding of analytics best practice and new/evolving analysis tools
Strong presentation skills, in particular the ability to summarise complex analytical modelling projects into a simple and short set of slides that tell a commercially meaningful story to non-technical and senior executive audiences
Strong leadership skills, including the setting of vision and direction, establishing core principles for engagement and delivery, and the hiring of top talent.
Brilliant stakeholder management and relationship building skills. Adept at interacting with senior executives and adapting style to different audiences
Solution driven, innovative, pace-setting and focused on results
Strong resilience and ability to handle problems and barriers in order to meet objectives and achieve transformation
Well versed in company financials, comfortable discussing how operational performance is impacting financial performance across the P&L
The successful applicant will have a excellent track record of driving operational improvement from the delivery of insightful and well-presented analytical outputs. You will be an accomplished influencer who is confident engaging at all levels of the organisation. You will need to be a commercially astute storyteller, comfortable discussing how operational performance is impacting financial performance across the P&L and how your recommended changes in approach, backed by thorough analysis, can improve on the current position. In doing this you will need to be a driver of change, someone who relishes the opportunity to leverage a strong technical background to influence strategic decisions at the top table.
Please fill in all fields below: